Group Technical Program Manager
Why is this job for you?
We are focused on discovering new patterns in big data. These pattern discoveries will significantly and positively impact people lives. Our initial work is in the biomedical space, focusing on identifying the patterns related to breast cancer, lung cancer, and other diseases such as Chron’s disease. This job is for you because we are taking on what has been viewed as an intractable problem. We learn daily from each other in the space of mathematics, machine learning, data science, bioinformatics and biology, with each of our experts working at or beyond the state of the art. Learning, sharing ideas, and synthesizing information is our passion. Making a positive impact by combining leading-edge research with emerging technologies is our mission. That’s why we are here. We’ll take on additional domains such as finance, transportation, and energy as time and resources allow.
You are well suited for this job because you have a solid track record of developing and delivering increasingly complex software and hardware projects. Whether in the datacenter or in the cloud – you know what it takes to build and deploy these systems in the field. You have customer-facing experience, and understand the challenges faced by customers when working with new technology in the context of their systems and data policies. You have excellent communication skills. You anticipate events and notify key stakeholders of potential risks and keep them updated on critical-path items. You are an engineer at heart, having written and delivered multiple software projects in the past, and have completed multiple software product lifecycles. You can read and understand code (C/C++). Having said that, you’re not done learning and challenging yourself with increasingly complex problems where your experience and input is valued. You are inspired to expand your mathematical skills and knowledge of machine learning and AI techniques to understand and keep pace with the emerging novel work of the team. Lastly, you are a person of high integrity, managing complex relationships among customers, engineering, and sales teams with clarity and trust.
- Technical program management leadership of (and collaboration with) the engineering and technical teams.
- Own specific customer engagements and/or projects from concept to delivery.
- Manage the projected resource requirements / cost expectations for engineering resources using the projected customer-engagement schedule and internal resource estimation tools.
- Build knowledge and skills to be familiar with the mathematics, novel algorithms and related (existing) machine learning algorithms.
- Work with CTO to maintain and evolve the 12-18-month engineering roadmap in alignment with product and engineering strategy.
- Work with CTO to identify any gaps in engineering (design/build/test) or operational systems.
- Role may require delivery of sections of customer or investor presentations.
- Need to be comfortable presenting to both small groups in an intimate setting as well as large groups.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years programming experience, preferably in C/C++.
- 5-7 years’ technical program management experience on multiple end-end projects.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a lead or group program manager, overseeing an engineering / technical program management team.
- Proven ability to effectively manage customer issues where you had direct accountability and responsibility for yes/no decisions to requested customer features/issues.
- Clear, articulate style of both written and verbal communications. Experience successfully handling/delivering critical conversations.
- High integrity individual. Trust is critical for this role.
- Able to handle ambiguity in stride based on context and your experience.
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques, including comparative analysis of the various techniques as applied to different problem spaces.
- Experience working with high dimensional sparse datasets.
- Experience working with data analysts/scientists.
- Python or R programming skills.