Senior Engineer: Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Why is this job for you?
We are focused on discovering new patterns in big data. These pattern discoveries will significantly and positively impact people lives. Our initial work is in the biomedical space, focusing on identifying the patterns related to breast cancer, lung cancer, and other diseases such as Chron’s disease. This job is for you because we are taking on what has been viewed as an intractable problem. We learn daily from each other in the space of mathematics, machine learning, data science, bioinformatics and biology, with each of our experts working at or beyond the state of the art. Learning, sharing ideas, and synthesizing information is our passion. Making a positive impact by combining leading-edge research with emerging technologies is our mission. That’s why we are here. We’ll take on additional domains such as finance, transportation, energy, etc. as time and resources allow.
You are well suited for this job because you have a solid track record of developing and delivering increasingly complex software and hardware projects. Whether in the datacenter or in the cloud, you know what it takes to build and deploy these systems in the field. You have customer-facing experience, and understand the challenges faced by customers when working with new technology in the context of their systems and data policies. You have excellent communication skills; you anticipate events and notify key stakeholders of potential risks and keep them updated on critical-path items. You are an engineer at heart, having written and delivered multiple software projects in the past, and have completed multiple software product lifecycles. You can read and understand code (C/C++). Having said that, you’re not done learning and challenging yourself with increasingly complex problems where your experience and input is valued. You are inspired to expand your mathematical skills and knowledge of machine learning and AI techniques to understand and keep pace with the emerging novel work of the team. Lastly, you are a person of high integrity, managing complex relationships among customers, engineering and sales teams with clarity and trust.
- Given a set of training and test images, develop a set of scalable, optimized tools to localize, classify, and segment computer vision images into the respective components present in the images. These images may be of tissues, organs, objects, scenes or other imagery.
- Working with documentation resources, document the tools and processes necessary to produce the desired results.
- As tools are developed, build an associated test suite to validate both the capabilities of the tool as well as the scalability/performance of the solution.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field with exposure to statistical modeling and machine learning. PhD preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in C/C++. Java, R or Python may be used for prototyping.
- Proficiency with at least one machine learning or statistical modeling library (R, MATLAB, Scikit-learn).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The communication skills to work collaboratively to prototype, develop, and implement new technologies.
- The tenacity to embrace and solve challenging problems.
- At least 4 years in applied science or research.
- Past delivery of large-scale ML solutions for complex business problems.
- Publications in top machine learning conferences or journals.
- Experience with a popular deep learning toolkit (TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, CAFFE).
- Specialization in computer vision.
- Ability and desire to continue to learn and expand your talents.
This position is located in Redmond, Washington
Travel is minimal, less than 25%
Relocation Seattle area is required within 45 days of hire date.
Pattern Computer is an equal-opportunity employer
Is this right for you? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org