Software Engineer Visualization
Why is this job for you?
We are focused on discovering new patterns in big data. These pattern discoveries will significantly and positively impact people lives. Our initial work is in the biomedical space, focusing on identifying the patterns related to breast cancer, lung cancer, and other diseases such as Chron’s disease. This job is for you because we are taking on what has been viewed as an intractable problem. We learn daily from each other in the space of mathematics, machine learning, data science, bioinformatics and biology, with each of our experts working at or beyond the state of the art. Learning, sharing ideas, and synthesizing information is our passion. Making a positive impact by combining leading-edge research with emerging technologies is our mission. That’s why we are here. We’ll take on additional domains such as finance, transportation, energy, etc. as time and resources allow.
You are an engineer who has a passion for developing and delivering visual solutions to challenging data analysis problems. You like the complexity of high dimensional spaces and creating the ability to explore these spaces visually. You can display relationships in 1/2/3D space, but also are comfortable discussing how to visually convey higher dimensional (e.g. 6D and 7D) relationships. Finding the best methods to represent the important relationships is a meaningful challenge. You enjoy collaborating with fellow team members across varied disciplines. You have effective communication skills, a focus on delivering solutions, and a passion that drives you to find novel solutions. You are driven to create compelling and easy to use interfaces for your customers.
- Gain a solid understanding of our current pattern discovery methods and algorithms.
- Working with our Technical Fellows, understand the nature of the input and results sets.
- Understand our current methods and extend the capabilities to be able to present 3D or higher representation graphics in real time.
- Automate the creation of the visualizations in the biomedical areas (‘domains’) we are currently developing, then extend to a more generalized solution.
- Allow the more generalized solution to be personalized through the application of domain-specific representations appropriate for that space.
- Develop solution for an OpenGL or other visualization language targeting an HTML5, or device-specific platform (including VR) for rendering the resultant graphical relationships.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or engineering-related fields.
- Candidates must have solid programming skills in Python and/or R.
- Strong skills in mathematics, statistics.
- 3 years’ experience in 3D visualization programming and tools, using OpenGL, MATLAB, VTK, Paraview or similar languages and tools.
- Experience working collaboratively with multidiscipline technical teams.
- Effective communication skills.
- Education or experience in bioinformatics fields.
- Knowledge of data visualization theories and its application to user-facing design.
- Have directly contributed to the creation of 3D visualization tool or solution.
- Experience working with multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, OS X).
- Experience working with scalable systems architecture, HPC, MPI, GPU development.
- Experience developing end-user applications or libraries for VTK, Open GL, Visit, and so on.
Candidate may be requested to provide work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
It is located in Redmond, Washington
Travel is minimal, less than 25%
Relocation Seattle area is required within 45 days of hire date.
Pattern Computer is an equal-opportunity employer
Is this right for you? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com