Mark Anderson wins prestigious Alexandra Jane Noble award
REDMOND, WA, Apr. 13, 2021 – Pattern Computer® Inc. is proud to announce that Mark Anderson, a highly regarded technology innovator, thought leader, and serial entrepreneur, has been awarded the Alexandra J. Noble Award for “Science Discovery” in the inaugural year of this category. The award specifically honors “Fundamental Contributions in Medicine and Computing.”
Currently, Mr. Anderson is the Co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Pattern Computer Inc. (PCI). Mark is also the founder and publisher of the weekly SNS Global Report on Technology and the Global Economy (www.stratnews.com), read by technology executives and investors worldwide. Mark founded the Future in Review (FiRe) conference (www.futureinreview.com) - now in its 18th year - which the Economist has called “the best technology conference in the world.” Mark’s most recent book, The Pattern Future: Finding the World’s Great Secrets and Predicting the Future Using Pattern Discovery, describes how he has consistently made successful predictions across a wide variety of global industries and disciplines.
Mark is Co-founder of the Pattern Recognition Laboratory at UC San Diego, a member of the Australian-American Leadership Dialogue, and an advisory board member of the Calit2 and Qualcomm Institutes, the Graphene Industry Stakeholders Assn. (GSA), and the GSA Center of Excellence. He provides advice to, or has invested in, Ignition Partners, Mohr Davidow Ventures, the Global Advisory Council of the mPedigree Network (Ghana), SwedeTrade, The Family Circle (Europe), the NSA, the Department of Justice, the FBI, the DHS, the NGA, the State Department, USTR, the White House, GCHQ, MI5, the British Cabinet Minister’s Office, and industry-leading firms including Dell, Microsoft, Google, Symantec, and Nuance Communications.
“I am honored to be among the award winners in the 2021 class of Alexandra Jane Noble Awards. To be receiving such a prestigious award for the work we have accomplished during this period of global change and uncertainty is humbling and gratifying, and it is a real tribute to our amazing – and currently virtual – team at Pattern Computer for all their shared accomplishments in bringing the most advanced compute system to bear against previously intractable challenges in medicine. My congratulations and best wishes go out to all of the award and commendation winners. It is an impressive collection of scientists, medical professionals, researchers, and business leaders. I could not be more proud to be recognized among these global leaders,” said Mark R. Anderson, CEO of Pattern Computer.
Additional winners of 2021 AJN Awards include:
- Bill Gates: Science Stewardship Certificate of Commendation - for contributions in international health pandemics
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: Science Communication Certificate of Commendation – for national leadership in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr. Vin Gupta: Science Awareness - for national leadership in educating the public on health best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr. Katalin Karikó & Dr. Drew Weissman: Science Impact - for fundamental contributions that led to Messenger RNA vaccines
- Dr. Amanda Randles & Muath Bishawi - for contributions that led to the development of the split ventilator prototype
- Marian Croak & Eric Yuan: Science & Society - for innovations in communications technologies during the COVID-19 pandemic
The AJN Awards honor efforts of individuals to communicate complex topics in innovative, engaging ways to stimulate higher awareness of scientific issues in the general populace -particularly in young adults. Janie Noble, a Stanford graduate and prolific writer, envisioned a new type of “epiphany” awards that embraced her vision of scientific discovery and contribution focusing on two aspects:
- The AJN Awards should be a “Fun” set of recognitions that should become sustaining, building recognition over time.
- The AJN Awards should be about conveying the excitement and thrill of science to non-technical audiences, especially with young women.
The AJN awards have three specific goals:
- Celebrate successful ‘epiphany’ science and its creators
- Stimulate students, especially young women, to enter scientific careers
- Support better expository writing and documentaries about ‘great science’
About Pattern Computer
Pattern Computer, a Seattle-area startup, uses its proprietary Pattern Discovery Engine™ to solve the most important and most intractable problems in business and medicine. Its proprietary mathematical techniques can find complex patterns in very-high-order data that have eluded detection by much larger systems.
While the company is currently applying its computational platform to the challenging field of drug discovery, it is also making pattern discoveries for partners in several other sectors, including additional biomedical research, materials science, aerospace manufacturing, veterinary medicine, air traffic operations, and finance.
For more information on Pattern Computer Inc., visit: https://www.patterncomputer.com
For more information about Mark Anderson, visit: https://www.patterncomputer.com/founders/
For more on the Alexandra J. Noble Awards, visit: https://novim.org/project/ajn-awards